Sales Proposal RATER and Request for RATER
What do your customers think of your proposals? The Strategic Proposal RATER gives you the opportunity to evaluate your proposals from a buyer's viewpoint. It helps you rate the quality and effectiveness of your proposal's content using five quality dimensions. It also helps you evaluate how you integrate the proposal in your sales process.
How the RATER Works
The five Strategic Proposal Quality Dimensions provide the foundation for the Strategic Proposal RATER. Each RATER dimension has five specific evaluation points. To rate your proposal's quality you will need to:
- Carefully read the proposal to be evaluated.
- Use the 1 to 5 rating scale to answer (score) each of the 25 questions.
- Total the questions' scores to measure the five quality dimensions.
- Plot the scores on the graph to illustrates relative strengths and weakness for the quality dimensions.
Five Quality Dimensions
Delivering Quality Service, a book by Valerie A. Zeithaml, A. Parasuraman, and Leonard L. Berry, identified five quality customer service dimensions: reliability, assurance, tangibles, empathy, and responsiveness. These co-authors stated customer service must embody all five quality dimensions.
When a sales professional sells, he or she provides customer service during the sale. Selling activities must epitomize the five quality dimensions. In a consultative sales process, selling and proposal development are integrated; therefore, the proposal also must embody these five quality dimensions. Unlike selling and customer service, the proposal is a tangible product that makes it much easier to evaluate its quality using the five quality dimensions.
The quality customer service dimensions become the basis for the following Strategic Proposal Quality Dimensions:
- Reliability reflects the seller's ability to identify creative and practical business solutions that will help the buyer achieve their goals and objectives.
- Assurance increases the buyer's trust and confidence in the seller's ability to deliver successful results.
- Tangibles enhance and differentiate the communication of the seller's message and invites readership by its content, structure, and overall appearance.
- Empathy reflects the seller's thorough understanding of the buyer's unique business environment, internal processes, and goals and objectives.
- Responsiveness demonstrates the seller's willingness to work closely with the buyer to understand their unique situation and expeditiously present viable business solutions.
Request a Proposal RATER from SalesProposals.com >> firstname.lastname@example.org